May 20, 2008

On The Road

Im on the road with work right now which has given me time to reflect on a few matters that I wouldn't have necessarily have had the time for. I guess I've become complacent and so full of routine up until now. I can't tell you the amount of times I have tried to set aside pure "think" time and the chance to open up about what I want from my scrapbooking. I mean, I make pages as a matter of course as the pictures roll off the camera and on to the page. I love that, I really do but as I sit here in my hotel room and reminisce those pages I realised that as much as I adore my daughter, I also love my husband too. But he barely appears on as many pages as my lil girl.
The shame consumed me.
So I go and check out galleries online and notice that the men in our lives are not so obviously apparent. Ok, granted some of us do not have a partner but certainly those girls I do know with "other halves" have just as little proof of their existence too. Is this shameful? Is this ignorance? Is this an oversight? Probably all three!
So its time to pick out those masculine papers, ladies and get that man on a page and celebrate him. That page needn't be about love or friendship; it can be about his routine, his moments, his character. I for one have written a long list of changes I need to make when I get back this weekend and the first photo I will scrap on my return is my man, Mark.
And I have the very papers in mind - some of my leftover 5th Avenue papers from my Studio Calico papers in February.
Come scrap some masculinity with me!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome idea! My hubby has so many day to day activities and mannerisms that I often fail to document. Thanks for the reminder!

Davinie Fiero said...

With Father's Day coming up, this is a great idea, Kirsty. You are absolutely right. The men in our lives tend to disappear a bit when you look through our scrapbook pages. It IS a shame.

Joy Madison said...

great idea!!!!

Elisa said...

I know exactly what I mean. I've promised myself to make some LOs of my DH year. Thanks for the reminder!

Sweet Peripety said...

Thanks for redirecting us! ;-)

Unknown said...

as a brand new member who just received my first kit (yay) I want to say how wonderful it is and how much I am enjoying the website and blog! I am with you on the lack of pages about my hubby...I'm going to get on that! Thanks for the inspiration!

Brenda Hurd said...

here is the layout i did - thanks for the push!!

http://www.studiocalico.com/forums/galleries/show/2839