August 7, 2009

More Summer Inspiration

Today's summer inspiration is courtesy of Flickr! I love this place.... it is so fun to type in a certain word and then browse through all of the amazing and inspiring photos that come up.

Today I simply typed in "Summer" and these are a few of the ones that were my favorites. I love all the bright colors, the playfulness and the whimsy that these portray. If these don't get you inspired to scrap some of your summer images, I don't know what will! :)




The other thing that is inspiring to me is the simple collage of images cropped into squares and placed in a grid... It is a no fail way to organize a lot of photos for a layout. Or it would also be fun to do this same thing with different patterned papers and include just a few photos in some of the grids. I also think it would be fun to create my own collage of summer photos and put them in a grid like this to create a sort of "summer recap" themed layout.

..... lots of ideas flowing now! I love it! I will be back on Sunday to share my own layout inspired by today's post. If you want to join me, be sure to come back on Sunday and share a link to your layout as well! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

I love those pink converse!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

OOH I love this idea!

Diana said...

I had done a grid layout for a summer recap just a few days ago! I love the idea too. Here it is on my blog: http://wickysticket.blogspot.com/2009/08/ahead-of-curve.html